Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar offers an under 500 calories seasonally changing, local farm to table menu, 50+ wines by the glass, seasonal cocktails and local beers. Every three months Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar changes the menu to reflect the change of the seasons. Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar works with 75 local farmers to source the freshest and highest quality products available.
This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to work with local farm fresh ingredients, experiment with the newest food trends, cook dishes from scratch, help create seasonally changing menus, as well as, be part of a team driven by a positivity, innovation and creativity! If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a cutting edge concept and have a passion for your craft, this may be the fit for you. Our team is seeking the \"best of the best\" in the industry as we continue to grow rapidly, with advancement opportunities available. This is a great chance to be part of an awesome team that you can be proud of and truly enjoy, day in and day out!
This position supports the Executive Chef in all aspects of the culinary operation. The Sous Chef will assume responsibility for the restaurant's food quality, presentation, adherence to standard operating procedures, staff supervision, staff development, creativity of daily features and cost management within Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar.
Basic Job Duties:
- Menu creation with standardized recipes
- Scheduling and monitoring of kitchen staff
- Hiring, training and development of culinary and general kitchen staff
- Maintaining kitchen safety and sanitation standards
- Ordering, requisitioning, and inventory control of food products
- Actively manage variable cost centers to ensure profitability with food product and labor costs.
- Maintain updated costing
- Maintain equipment in good working order by submitting regular service and repair requests
- Partner with front of house to achieve department goals
- Attend designated department meetings
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Completion of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in kitchen management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in food preparation
- Strong knowledge and experience in upscale casual or club dining restaurants
- Ability to convey information, work within strict deadlines, multi-task, and react quickly and effectively to challenges
- Ability to lead a team of employees utilizing proven organizational and communication skills
- Possess a valid or be willing to obtain a ServSafe certification
- Degree in culinary arts preferred
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., walking, bending, standing 85% of the shift, and working in extreme temperatures.
- Schedule will vary according to operational needs including holidays; weekends required.
- Good personal hygiene is a must.
- Kitchen Management: 2 years
More detail about Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar - Radnor part of Harvest Restaurant Holdings, please visit
Associated topics: catering, culinary, culinary school, dining chef, executive kitchen, grill chef, head chef, lead, sous, sushi chef